Monday, October 31, 2011

What I'm watching on TV this Fall

We are now a solid 6-8 weeks into the Fall 2011 television schedule, and I can safely say that I've almost entirely narrowed down my programming choices. With a few exceptions, I've fully decided which shows I am dating, am married to, am separated from, or have officially divorced.



Here goes:

Dating:
New Girl - At times this show annoys me (ok really, just Zooey Deschanel annoys me), but I love the supporting cast so I'm sticking with it for the time being.
Harry's Law - I never actually intended to watch this, but it was on in the background one day and I ended up getting completely sucked in! I'm now three episodes in to season 2 and loving it. I also almost never watch a show without starting from the beginning, but I'm making an exception for this one.
Terra Nova - So far, so good. I'm reallllly digging this show.
Ringer - Also, so far so good, but I can see myself getting bored soon, so I'm not officially marrying this one yet.
Once Upon a Time - One episodes isn't enough to declare marriage, but suffice it to say I'm fully intrigued.

Married:
Parenthood - This season has been STELLAR.
Survivor - This season has been less-than-stellar but it's starting to turn around.
How I Met Your Mother - I know a LOT of people are annoyed with HIMYM, but I have to admit I've really enjoyed this season so far. Also, you guys, we KNOW this show isn't ending for a few more years so I think we just need to accept the fact that we're getting strung along and just enjoy the ride. One complaint, though: Kal Penn has not been as funny as I would have expected.
Hawaii Five-O - Great season so far, but makes me painfully miss Hawaii :(
Modern Family - With the exception of the last episode which was kind of a dud (where Phil takes Haley to visit his alma mater), I'm loving this season.
Grey's Anatomy - Yep, still watching, and it's been not half bad this season.
Hart of Dixie - I'm hooked, you guys. I already knew I loved Rachel Bilson more than any other female on television but the supporting cast is phenomenal as well, and I'm genuinely invested in more than one storyline already (Lemon and Lavon, Zoey and Wade)
Happy Endings - Ahhh Happy Endings. Each episode is a constant battle for me between who I love more, Max or Penny.

Separated:
The Sing-Off - I only really make time to watch the Dartmouth Aires perform. Other than that, I'm not that invested. So unless someone tells me the season was just PHENOM and that I HAVE to go back and watch it all, I'm sticking with just watching the Aires.
Two Broke Girls - I got really into this show for a few weeks and then it felt like it just fell off the deep end. For now it's off my rotation unless someone tells me it got GOOD.
The Office - Off the rotation. Just can't do it anymore. Watching it started to feel like a chore so I'm just done.
Whitney - Why I even watched this in the first place, I'm not sure. I'm pretty much done with this show unless it happens to be on and I have nothing better to do.
Person of Interest - In all fairness, I said I'd give this show more than one episode to decide and I didn't do that. I watched one episode, got bored, and gave up. Should I go back and catch up, you guys???
Private Practice - Ok I haven't officially separated with it yet, but I've been talking about doing so for YEARS, and yet I still keep going back. Someone get me out of this relationship, please. It brings me NO joy, yet I can't quit it.


Divorced:
Up All Night - I couldn't even make it through episode one.
Free Agents - This one wasn't a divorce by choice - got cancelled before I was ready to let it go. Sad!
The Playboy Club - Also couldn't make it through episode one. Also got cancelled.
Glee - Divorced this one a long long time ago, but since I havent posted in over a year I figured I'd clarify that for everyone.
Desperate Housewives - Divorced it when I couldn't make it through the end of last season.
Gossip Girl - Just couldn't bring myself to start this season, and from what I've been hearing, there's absolutely no reason to go back and try.

So what about y'all? What's everyone watching and loving this fall? Or hating? What am I glaringly missing from my lineup? Let's hear it!

4 comments:

Heather Lockhart said...

Why are you not watching Revenge?!?!!!

Susie said...

And Pan Am! When did Christina Ricci get so delightful??

pgv said...

Heather - I know, I know, multiple people have chastised me about Revenge. I just didn't start it in the beginning and now I feel like I'm too far behind! But maybe I'll catch up over the winter hiatus.

Susie - I didn't give Pan Am a shot, to be fair, but I just don't see myself getting into it because it's another Mad Men-esque period piece! And I hate those!

Julie said...

I'm hooked on Terra Nova, though Paul says he hates it. Same with Once Upon a Time. And Up All Night is aweeeesome, esp. Maya Rudolph, give it another chance.