Monday, September 14, 2009

Bursting with Thoughts

Uh oh....it's been almost a solid year since I posted on this thing, but I'm sitting in B.A. and I'm bursting with television musings and I have nowhere else to put them but here! So here goes....

Fall 2009 Television Premieres!

A few fall premieres have already taken place (Glee - we'll get to that later, Project Runway, Top Chef, 90210, Mad Men, etc.), but this week really marks the height of Fall '09 Premiere Season. Tonight begins with Gossip Girl, and I have to admit, I'm not as excited about it as I would have thought/hoped.














source

I was racking my brain trying to remember where we left off (and then stumbled upon tvguide.com's very handy refresher), and I think the only coming storyline that excites me is the one involving Georgina as Blair's roommate. Other than that, I'm sooo over Nate and any possible love interests he is going to have, and I'm incredibly apprehensive about what they're going to do with Chuck and Blair (Bluck? Chair? Has a pop-culture couple name been coined for them?). The writers gave the viewers what they wanted at the end of last season by finally bringing these two manipulating, pastel-colored dressing, drama queens together, but it seems impossible for them to not have trouble in paradise. Ok, fine, I guess I'm a little excited to see where this goes...

The other big premieres for me this week are all this Thursday, so I'll get around to my thoughts on those in the coming days.

For now, here is this handy dandy premiere calendar (also courtesy of tvguide.com). If only I had found this before I decided to make my own personal excel spreadsheet...haha.


OH and also totally not TV related....but I'm having very conflicting thoughts on whether or not to read Dan Brown's new novel, The Lost Symbol. I'm intrigued by the idea of it taking place in D.C., but I'm not sure I want to commit myself to another Dan Brown book after having such conflicting experiences with The DaVinci Code (hated it) and Angels & Demons (liked it, didn't love it). Ah well, I'll probably pick it up if I have some down time or over winter break.

No comments: